Monsoon Skin & Hair Hacks: Simple, No-Nonsense & Easy on Your Pockets
Monsoon, the most loved season by everyone, is up within a few days, and it’s also the season of long drives, love, and romance.
I hope many of you are waiting for the beautiful Monsoon Season. Isn’t it?
Winter brings many good scenarios like pleasant nature, chit-chat with coffee, tea and street foods with loved ones, and many more. Likewise, Monsoon also brings negative aspects like causing problems and allergies to your skin and hair.
Don’t panic. We are here to help you with top & simple hair and skin hacks that everyone can use to take care of your skin and hair to keep it healthy, shining, and protective from unwanted monsoon aspects. Make this monsoon season cherished by using our best skin and hair care tips for winter that too at your budget line.
Hair Care – Simple tips and hacks to follow
The typical hair problem that everyone gets at monsoon season is hair loss, dandruff, greasiness, and stickiness. Do you know what the reason for these hair care problems is? The moisture content in the air is high during the winter season, and therefore it makes your hair look flat and dull, which results in the tresses looking limp. Another reason is the higher chlorine content in the water, and this results in hair damages. Below are some of the critical hair care tips to follow in winter.
- Ensure you are keeping your hair protected from rain & it’s better to avoid your hair getting wet in the rain. If you don’t have any other option, you can wash your hair with mild shampoo immediately after reaching home. Don’t forget to dry it soon.
- When applying shampoos, make sure you are doing it gently, and don’t forget to apply conditioner after every hair wash, especially in monsoon season, to avoid hair damages. The Magic Potion has got a 100% natural leave-in hair conditioner
- To keep your hair black and thick even during the monsoon season, ensure to apply warm oil combined with curry leaves for better results.
- Most of them face itchy scalps during the winter season, and this is because of dandruff. In this case, applying neem oil will help in solving the problem within a month.
- Using the best natural hair products and organic hair products instead of chemical-filled oils will help keep your oil shiny and thick in the winter.
- Follow a hair care routine daily and never fail to follow them, especially in the monsoon season. It can help in stopping hair care problems. Ensure all your hair care routine products like hair growth oil, hair care shampoo, hair care kit, hair care tablet, or any other related products falls under natural hair care. Many of them say hair care in Ayurveda products also works better in the winter season.
- Haircare at night is essential. You need not worry about hair care in the morning as you automatically take care when you move out from your home. So focus on caring for your hair at night.
- When you are getting hair products online or offline, ensure whether you are purchasing the right hair care products that suit your hair needs. You can even protect your hair with home remedies. Always choose the best hair care natural products for having shining, thick, and black hair at any season.
- Do not color your hair during the winter season, as it takes more time to wash your hair and dry it. Make use of good hair conditioners. Choose beer, as they are the best type of conditioner for your hair. Wash your hair with beer and then use cold water to wash it off after a few minutes. It not only protects your hair in winter but also gives glow and shine.
- Limit the usage of hairdryers and use dry towels to take off the moist from your hair.
- Doctors suggest drinking more water and making use of the wide-tooth comb when you untangle your hair.
Wearing a scarf or hat helps to protect your hair from dirty water, humidity, and more. Don’t tie your hair when they are wet.
Skin Care – Unique tricks that work
Due to the prolonged exposure to rain during the monsoon season, your skin tends to wrinkle and shrink. Some common problems you get are Pimples, acne, tanning, and more. There are also chances for fungal functions in some people. We have come with top Skincare tips that you can follow to maintain healthy skin during the Monsoon.
- Follow a regular skincare routine which should include cleansing, toning, and moisturizing.
- Choose the best skin products based on your skin requirements. There are many best moisturizers for oily skin. If you have oily skin, ensure to choose a water-based moisturizer. Making use of water-resistant sunscreen with at least SPF30 is mandatory in the rainy season.
- Skin does not just mean the face; it also includes your feet. You need to make sure your skin is clean. Wash it with soap and water if your feet are overexposed in rainwater or puddles. Follow a foot care regime with foot soak, foot scrub and a foot cream atleast once a week. Check out The Magic potion’s foot care range .
- Make use of soap-free cleansers (check out our soap free face cleanser that has the mildest of ingredients to suit every skin type ) and scrubs that suit your face.
- There is oily skin toner available for oilskins. Choose an alcohol-free toner (The Magic potion has no alcohol toners ) and follow it after cleansing.
- Please do not spend more time on air conditioning during the rainy season as it makes your skin rougher.
- Drink 8 to 10 glasses of water daily to have glowing skin.
- Apply oil-free moisturizer and mild face wash to take the dryness off from the skin.
- Go for water-proof makeup in the rainy season.
- Rashes, pimples, and spots are some of the common eruptive skin problems people face in the winter. There are the best foods to take during the Monsoon to maintain your skin. Turmeric contains anti-inflammatory properties, and therefore it can be used on your face to remove pigmentation and acne. Cumin is the best detoxifier. Bitter gourd can be used for adding glow and improving the skin tone as it’s the best source of vitamin C. Green tea is a good antioxidant, and therefore it can give glowing skin by neutralizing the free radicals. Banana has several minerals and vitamins for providing acne-prone skin.
- When you wash your face with water or facewash, ensure to dab dry the face instead of rubbing with the towel. Take a good talcum powder for your skin in the winter season.
- Wash your face at least two to three times a day as it can remove the excess oil in your skin.
- Avoid medicated soaps.
- Use tissue paper instead of using your hands.
- You can follow many natural skin remedies, like taking a Multani mitti face pack for oily skin (checkout face pack options from The Magic Potion) and cucumber juice for Normal Skin. Drinking a lot of water is a must.
- Pomegranate seed contains vitamin C, antioxidants, and other anti-aging compounds, and therefore, it nourishes dry skin.
- Don’t do facials and bleaching during the winter season as it can make your skin rough and other damages.
- Wash your lips gently and apply lip balm whenever needed . Do not use dark-shaded lipsticks. If you feel any crack on your lips, use a lip balm.
Wash your feet, hands, and face with lukewarm water every time you reach your home. It makes you feel healthy and also refreshed.
Follow all the above hair and skin tips and get ready to gear up this Monsoon. Glow differently with monsoon blues.
Any other tips or tricks on skin and hair care? Let us know through the comments below.